Bookbinder, Conservator & Librarian, The Book Arts Web & Book_Arts-L Listserv , Pressbengel Project Blog
- Ascona Schärfix. This saved my life after falling flat on my face trying hand pare leather strips for hinges on a quarter-leather binding during my apprentice exam.
- Ascona Swiss paring knife. This replaced the miserable “German-style” knife I was given as an apprentice.
- Peachey Delrin folder. The best for so many tasks.
- Shanna Leino folder. Replaces the metal folder/scorer I use for working with vellum.
- Bone folder. A small bone one for detail work/headcaps.